Monday, October 1, 2012

What a weekend!

I feel like an old ass woman this morning. My legs are killing me! I would love to say, "Oh, I feel wonderful. Like a rock star," but I'm keeping it real. I feel sore.  I think it's from 2 things. 1.) The fast superhero speed running I was doing around those bases Friday night and 2.) the terrain of the 5K.  Up, down, in, and out. Oh, and the icing on the cake: the stairs at the jaguar games. Thank God for good seats and there are only about 15 steps!  I woke up this morning not wanting to run but decided to get up and go for a walk.  Get my legs stretched back out and start fresh tomorrow.  I'm ready to sign up for my next 5K this week schedule for Oct 28th.  The Pumpkin Run in Evergreen Cemetery.  I'm thinking bumble bee socks, and antenna headband and maybe a cute little stinger on my butt. :)  My husband might be joining me for this one.  Finger's crossed.

How did I do at the football game?  Fantastic!  For the shit that went down I actually wish I was more intoxicated so I could have all been a blur but I was stone cold sober.  I had 3 1/2 beers before the game and switched to water inside the game.  I brought a bag of chicken inside with me and snacked on some of that during the game and drank my water.  Worked out perfectly.  Everyone enjoyed the pulled chicken recipe and the BBQ beans so I'll take this moment to pat myself on the back.

Weight check in?  203 baby! And Nate?  203!!! Grrrr.  Don't worry all that beer he drank last night will catch up to him this week.  He did pick me up yesterday like I was Baby from Dirty Dancing. I'm still not comfortable with him doing that but it's nice to know he can without killing himself.

Before & After?  Tonight!  It's kind of unfair though because the bra I wore before is almost half empty.  I wonder if you will be able to tell in the pictures?  I guess I need to go out and buy new bras...grrr.  Positive side: I can pick up some sexy ones from Victoria Secrets :)

On a more personal note I love those moments in life when you learn something about yourself.  Good or bad.  Last night I realized how much I love my husband and more importantly our marriage.  We are far far from perfect and I will continue to bitch at him if the trash can is still full tonight but I thank my lucky stars for us to be where we are right now.  We've earned it.  The blood, sweat, and lots of tears. We've earned it.  Almost a decade together and we know what works with each other.  We love and respect one another. I can't tell you how many times he told me last night that he loves our marriage and he woke up this morning saying how thankful he is for us.  I couldn't agree more. I saw this quote yesterday and I think it applies to us.  "the couples that are 'meant to be' are the ones who go through everything that is meant to tear them apart and come out even stronger than they were before."  That describes us and our commitment to each other and our children very well.  We probably shouldn't have made it through the things we have and will continue to face but we respect each other and we are in this forever.  I'm just so thankful for him.   Now if only I can weigh less than him he would be out of the dog house this week! ;)  I know you never come here unless you think I'm mad at you Nate so unless you give me a reason you won't be coming by but if you do I LOVE YOU.  I LOVE US.  I'M SO VERY PROUD OF US. Thank you for an amazing weekend and your continued support and unconditional love.  Believe me I know I don't deserve what God has given me with you.

No comments: