Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A new ring

My wedding ring is officially too big for me. I actually stopped wearing it a week ago.  I hated it. I felt like it was disrespectful to my husband to be going around town without my wedding ring on.  I was dying for a new one.  Not a new one. A temporary one.  I don't want to resize my current solitaire and band yet because I'm worried about it messing up the ring in the long run. I want to wait until I get my final size before I mess with it. 

My husband was very sweet. He didn't want me to order a ring. He wanted to buy it.  I'm sure it was a man thing but I appreciated it. I didn't want to spend a lot of money because I'm cheap.  Y'all knew that was coming right?  It just doesn't make sense to spends hundreds or thousands of dollars on a temporary ring.  Or to go crazy and get some bigger one when I love my ring. So $50 was my budget! Yes, a $50 wedding band. That's all I needed. Timeline was before this coming Monday. I leave for Fort Lauderdale on Monday and I don't want to be caught down there without my wedding ring on.  Can you imagine the gossip?  Trouble at home?  Sabrina's got a her groove back?  Yep, wanted to avoid all of that.  The good thing is my ring size is standard now. I went from a size 9 to a 7 and they carry that size in stores.  Yippee!

My husband took off searching after work yesterday while I went home to take care of the kids.  He stopped at 5+ jewelers searching for the perfect temporary ring.  I would receive picture text from him and he sent me some beautiful rings.  I almost fell for it.  I almost said, 'GET IT! That one with all the sparkle!!!" But I showed restraint.  Nope, obviously not within our $50 budget. 

Finally, he found it. A basic temporary wedding ring.  Something that can be placed on my finger and hold my other's ring place until I can put my ring back on.  A ring that will remind me that I have a commitment to the man that I love. To remind me of our vows and promises to one another.  A symbol of those commitments and respect that I have for my husband and our marriage.  And a big red flag for my husband's peace of mind that says, "Step off this girl is married!"

Ladies' 4.0mm Polished Comfort Fit Wedding Band in Sterling Silver - Zales
It's simple 4.00mm wedding band.  The best part it was only .28 over budget! Which included a resizing warranty!  So, he came home with my new ring got down on one new in front of Ethan & Lorelei and asked me to stay married to him. I told him I would have to let him know. lol

No comments: