Wednesday, October 24, 2012

First

This morning was the first time I ever ran on a treadmill.  Even though I owned one for years I never ran on it and it made a great towel rack.

This morning was the first time I had the courage to run in front of workout guys.  Thankfully I arrived to the gym before everyone else but with 20 minutes left in comes 3 guys to work on their muscles.  I didn't slink off like a shy girl. I kept jamming to my Miley Cryus song and did me.

This morning was the first time I saw myself run.  I imagined in my head I looked something like Pumba from the Lion King running.  This morning I had to face myself in a mirror and I didn't look like Pumba at all.  I actually looked like a runner.  Like the people I passed on the street yesterday and thought man they make it look so easy.

Today was also the first time I've worked out by myself.  JB ditched me already and I didn't get up with my alarm at 5am but by 5:30am I was dressed and out the door. I knew I just had to get onto the machine and I would stick it out.

A morning of first.

No comments: