Monday, October 29, 2012

Good morning Monday

Holy moly was it cold this morning. So cold that I wished today was a running day instead of a walking day.   I guess it's time to invest in some winter running gear.

I'm going to use this post as a quick update.

Business trip rating: Not so bad

Some people were louder than others. Some asked questions. Some didn't recognize me. Some asked other people about what I had been doing instead of asking me.  Food wise because we eat at fancier restaurants it was easy to eat healthy.  I had fish most nights.  I did get a lot of "You aren't hungry?  What's the matter you didn't like it?" I would just tell them that I ate a late lunch or ate to much xyz.  It seems to work.

Here's a pick of me I took for my hubby for the Great American dinner Wednesday night.



When I got back from our business trip Nate & I had  a date to see the Zac Brown Band in concert.  I had a slice of thin crust veg pizza before we left the house and then 2 mixed fruit drinks during the concert.  We had a great time and I loved being out with my husband. I had really missed him and we glad to be in his arms again.  He said that my hands felt little now. Like he could break my hands. I guess I had man hands before! lol  Here's a picture of us before the concert started.

The next morning Chrissy and I go up and ran the bridges downtown.  This time we ran over the Acosta and then back down to the landing. We did a lot of running but it felt easier maybe because of the cool weather.  The run up the main street was brutal and I'm not sure if I will try that part again for awhile. It toasted my legs for a bit.  Probably not a good idea before a 5K since your suppose to take it easy before race day.

Late that day Chrissy and I went shopping for our family pictures this week.  I fit into a size 14 dress which is great. I bought a new bra for only $25 compared to $50.  I finally found the right shirt at Dillards. Thankfully it was on sale and once I put it on I loved it. I'm going to wear it with dark jeans rolled up and my flat black sandals. I also got some cute jewelry to wear with it.  This is the shirt. I love the color.  Family pictures on Thursday!

After that we had a Halloween party with the neighborhood crew.  Nate & I were dressing up as Dr. Sheldon Cooper and Amy Farrah Fowler. As I was getting dress I started to regret our costume choices because i knew all the other ladies would look pretty but I'm glad I dressed the way I did. Going for a pretty costume or sexy costume would be too easy. It was outside of my comfort zone to make myself look dorky.  It was fun and we had a good time. I guess neither one of us were up for partying though because after a couple hours we collected the children and all crawled into bed.

Finally Sunday.  Are you exhausted yet?  Sunday was the morning of the Pumpkin Run 5K.  Bat girl suited up. My family looked great. We were good to go.  However my running partner was not answering her cellphone.  We she finally woke up she was um not hungover but still intoxicated from the SE street bash the night before.  I knew getting her to run might be hard. I was glad that she was determined to just come out there.  We ran the first 9 minutes straight and I felt like I could keep going forever. My legs just kept going and going.  The 2nd portion was harder than the first. Chrissy wanted to try running hard for a minute and then walk for a minute and I hated it. The first few minutes always suck. I think I do better on distance running.  We finished the race at 44 minutes.  Not the best but it gives us a starting point. We immediately picked the next 5K on Nov 11 for the Vet Day Run.  I'm having my doubts about my ability to run the Gate River Run and just want to keep pushing myself. My goal is to increase our time each race and just improve little by little. I remind myself that this running thing is new to me. I've only been running for almost 3 months and have lots of room to improve and grow.
This was the superhero team for the Pumpkin Run 5K.

So, what's next?  Work and prepping for the holidays. I have a session every weekend until the middle of December. I need to start planning for Christmas gifts and dinners. The next 2 months are going to fly by.

No comments: