Saturday, September 29, 2012

Weekend Update

Softball Game:  We won.  My first time up to bat I struck out. I was so embarrassed.  I wanted to run away. Our turn on the field and I played first. I did pretty well.  The infield are all males and have good arms. The short stop has a strong arm but a killer curve on it and it's kinda all over the place.  Kinda drives me crazy because I don't like anything getting past me on first.  One of his balls went over my head.  grrr.  Second time up to ball and I hit an infield fly. Automatic out.  Way to go.  The next 2 times I walked and scored twice.  I got a good snap at first to my right side and no one to throw it to on first. I need to talk with the second base guy and see how much to my right he expects to cover and me to cover. He can't get to first to back up like I'm use to.  Overall it was okay. I had ups and downs and I'm going back.  I got out there and I'm doing it and I'm proud of myself.

Color Me Rad 2012:  It was a mess but a fun time!  I'm very blessed to have genuine friends in Jacksonville. It was a good group of mothers and kids in our group.  The mom's all stayed together and the kids ran. I was glad that Ethan participated and Nate & Lulu came to cheer us on.  The course was difficult because it was uneven and just a mess.  I didn't run as much as I wanted too but I stayed with our team. I decided before the run since this is more of a fun run I wasn't going to time myself or push myself. These ladies joined because of me and I was going to run or walk with them no matter what.  It was a good way to start my 5Ks.  I still have lots of training to do but it felt great to be out there. Doing something.

We are resting now.  I have a birthday party in 2 hours and I'm not sure I can move. 

Goal update: I WEIGH LESS THAN MY HUSBAND FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER! Of course it's not officially until the Monday weigh in but I weighed in at 204 and he was 206.  Go Bre!!!

No comments: