Sunday, September 23, 2012

What a weekend.

48 hours of Husband & Wife time. Not our roles as momma/dada, providers, caregiver, responsibilities. Just us. The two that built this family enjoying each other. We started off by riding with the windows down which I never do for 40 miles. It sounds like such a little thing but my husband loved it & I loved doing it for him. Hate my hair after though. For on a scooter for the first time because I wasn't worried about being the fat girl on the scooter. Walked hand & hand down the streets of St Augustine. I got to tell him how much I love & appreciate him over the candlelight of our favorite restaurant. How the time we have together never feels like enough. I don't know what I did to deserve this man but I'm so thankful. I'm in love with my husband more today than I was 4 years ago. Our marriage & relationship has evolved just like we have. We are growing up together & we are in this 100%. Not for our children but because we love each other. I love him. For all of him & he's a saint for loving me just as I am. We have one more day of hooky before the real world starts again Tuesday & then we get one day in November to take out pics (our photographer had a death in the family) & then it's Vegas in Jan!!!

I know you don't read this often Nate but if you do happen to read this thank you. Thank you for being the man who changed my heart. People give me so much credit for the changes & improvements in your life but I don't think they know how much I needed you. How much I need you. You are my strength. my straight line. You fill my heart & soul with unconditional love even when I don't deserve it. You give me the strength to face the hurt in life & to be the mother I want to for my children. And you blow my mind away 9 years later. I love you Mr. Brigance. Always.

No comments: