Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Update

First and foremost before & after picture:  I asked my dear husband last night and he told me to wait till Monday since that is my official weigh day anyhow. I will do it first thing after work.

Softball: First game is tonight.  I'm nervous especially because my sister in law said she wouldn't miss it for the world. I don't need an audience to see me look like an ass.  I did go to the batting cage but I'm worried about catching and throwing.  Please say a prayer for me!

5K:  The run is tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to it actually. It's the first 5K that I actually feel prepared for.  I know that Chrissy & I can do this at the pace we've set in the mornings.  I didn't run this morning because my phone wasn't charging and was dead. I feel bad about that but I know it was an accident.  Tomorrow will be great.

Food:  After my post this week about food and how I thought I missed it it's really changed my thoughts on it. The post was going to be an Ode to Food and ended up being an eye opener.  This is why I love doing this. I love blogging and writing my thoughts out because it made me see how disgusting my eating habits were.

Nate:  Nate woke up Wednesday morning and announced that would be his last 4:45am run.  He was going to run on the elliptical at night from now on. He hates the mornings and hates waking up.  I tried to point out to him that trying to work out after we get home, make dinner, help homework, work on projects, get kids bathed and in bed we are exhausted. That it was going to be harder to get off the couch after the kids are finally in bed for the night.  Needless to say he didn't get on that elliptical at all this week! lol  He will be joining us in the morning again.  It's just too hard to workout at night. Especially for parents. 

Family:  No new update. My older sister went through some stuff this week and my heart goes out to her.  I know what she went through was a scary experience and I'm hoping it was also an eye opening experience.  I'm keeping her in my prayers.

That's all for now.  A busy fun weekend planned. Softball, 5K, and a Jaguar game!  I'm cooking so here is the menu:  Beer whiskey pulled chicken on wheat buns (no bun for me), BBQ beans, and chips for everyone else.  Same plan as before but I'm going to STOP drinking when I walk into the stadium. I'm bringing my chickpeas and some chicken into the game with me.  Wish me luck!  Go Jags!



No comments: