Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Do Better

Surgery wasn't a do-over it was a do-better.  I've been given this amazing opportunity to become a new person.  To enjoy my life in a way I haven't been able to do in the past 10 years. To have extra time with my babies, with my love.  It isn't a magic trick. Well, I take that back. I can sit back and do nothing and eat what my stomach allows and still lose weight but that's not what I want.  I said from the very beginning I was doing this to be healthy and to become active. I don't want the magic of the pouch to do all the work.  This is my opportunity at a do-better. To make better food choice, to know my limits, to get off the couch and move. I wanted a new life and I've been given the opportunity to make it the life that I want.  I think so far I'm doing pretty good.  I've been exercising.  I walk in the mornings with Nate & Chrissy.  This morning we started 60 seconds of running and 90 seconds of walking.  It's an app called couch to 5K and the running will increase.  I'm not to the point when my alarm goes off at 5am that I'm super excited to go outside and during th run my hips were hurting!  But I didn't hate my shadow that I saw when I was running and I felt like Rocky when I was finished.  3 1/2 weeks until my first 5K since 2009.  Once I start running more I will set a goal for me to beat. For now it's just to finish!

No comments: