Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Christmas Advent Calendar

Yes I'm already planning Christmas! Yes I know it's crazy! I love and thrive in a world of order and list. If someone said that to me 20 years ago I would have laughed in their face. lol

So I'm starting to think of activities for the advent calendar. The difficulties I face is I have to find activities for a 2 year old and a 11 year old.  Wish me luck.

Now, with Ethan this year I want to change the focus to giving.  He is truly a very blessed boy and has never wanted for anything. In the past six months I've notice a me, me, me agenda with him. I want to change his focus for the holidays.  Some thoughts on added events.

  • Shop for a new toy to donate to a charitable organization
  • Host a Simple Christmas dinner and ask each guest to bring a toy for tots
  • Make gifts for neighbors (great examples on pinterest) (peppermint park? or a mason chair goodies)
  • Write a note to one of our family members of what we love so much about them (randomly pick names out of a hat)
Change up our activities a bit. Keep the old time favorites but spice it up a bit!
  • Make hand print ornament
  • Eat desert first then dinner!
  • Have an indoor picnic while watching a Christmas movie
  • dress in your PJ's and go for a drive to look at lights
  • sleep under the Christmas tree
  • Decorate Edible Christmas tree instead of ginger breads (see pinterest)
  • Go see a Christmas play at a  church
  • Wax leaf project
  • decorate Styrofoam bells
  • take family twinkle light pictures & dogs
  • read the polar express and watch the movie
Anybody has an suggestions?

No comments: