Friday, December 14, 2012

Support

I go into things with the mindset that I will be facing them alone. That this challenge whatever it may be will be my challenge to face. I felt the same about this surgery and the journey that was ahead of me. I knew I would be dragging my kids with me. They didn't have a choice.  My husband has support me 95% of the time during my journey. I'm only deducting 5% because of the few months after surgery when he was eating all he could in front of me and arguing with me about sharing his HAWG sandwich. lol Even though I don't expect support from anyone I'm blessed and grateful to know that I've had it every step of the way.  From my wonderful husband, to my in-laws, friends, and I think the most surprising is my own family especially my sisters.  The little messages and encouraging words I get from them help push me through on my difficult days. 

My sister's surprised me today by telling me that they are planning on joining me for the Gate River Run.  When I received Katherine's message I thought she meant just her and her family and when she named my other 3 sister's the tears started flowing. I can't believe they would all travel this far to come run/walk this with me.  To support me. It makes me even more excited for the challenge that is ahead of me to know that I'm going to get to do it with my sisters by my side. Or ahead of me. lol  It also motivated Nate to say he was going to sign up because he couldn't let the Grayson girls show him up.

Of course now I'm super excited. I just love to plan things. And I love the thought of all my sister's here. I hope that everyone's plans work out just right. I can just see us now sitting around Friday night eating a Carb feast and then a post run shindig at my house. I can already see the picture of us with our medals and red faces!

Edit: I just wanted to add that I don't think my original statement is 100% true. I don't go into things expecting to be by myself because the truth of the matter is that every single thing I've done in the past 9 years my husband has stood by my side. If I want to do it and I have a deep desire to do it he supports me. Regardless if at times he doesn't agree with me. He's always by my side. He was just by my side for a brief moment over eating and not sharing his hawg sandwich. ;) I think that he gets extra credit for supporting me at times when my ideas were bat shit crazy which brings his grade back up to 100%.

No comments: