Monday, December 10, 2012

I still have all my organs

This past Monday on the way to work I suddenly became nauseous and had to pull of on the side of the road. I hadn't had my breakfast yet and I had no known reason for me to get sick.  It happened again right after breakfast.  LET'S STOP RIGHT HERE! I know where every one's minds are going and no I'm not pregnant. In September I had an IUD put in affectionately called my ET transmitter because I believe my girl can talk to aliens now. Okay so Monday's episode was strange but not a big deal. This stomach to me is still fairly new so I wasn't concerned with it.  Wednesday night I work up around 2:30am with the most God awful pains in my stomach.  Correction to right of my stomach. I immediately started thinking about my gallbladder and the medicine that doctor prescribed to avoid gall stones. The ones sitting on my dresser. Untouched.  Had I screwed up?  Did I break myself by not taking this medicine?  Again came the nausea. It took about an hour for the pain and sick feeling to go away and I was able to fall back asleep.  Friday night it happened again and this time Nate was awake to witness it. He immediately become concerned. I started googling it and everything was leading me to think that this was an issue with my gallbladder. I didn't say anything to Nate because honestly I didn't want to go to the ER. I didn't want to have another surgery. I didn't want to hear that I messed up. I didn't want to miss work. I didn't want to miss planned photography sessions. I didn't want my kids to have to spend the evening in the ER or bother to get a sitter again. I could deal with the pain. It would go away eventually.  Nate came up to me and gave me 2 options to go or to go.  I called my surgeon's office and he said it could be my gallbladder or it could be nothing but the only way to know is go up to the ER. He told me to make the smart decision.  I laid down in bed, put on love songs, and cried. I knew what the smart choice was. I had to make sure I was okay. This is my responsibility. We lined up a sitter and Nate & I headed to the downtown ER. On a Friday night.

The place was awful. I'm not a very patient person so I don't like to wait. That's a bad combo for an ER. The adult side was much different than the child side we had experience a month back. It had the weirdest people ever. Nate called them tweakers. People who were clogging up my line because they wanted pain meds. Really people!? I eventually got to the back around 8pm and they took blood and gave me an IV for the nausea.  Around 10pm they did an ultrasound. Around 11pm they told me the ultrasound came back normal and the blood work did too. My gallbladder and that other small organ that Madeline had taken out (?) were good!  Next they wanted me to do a CT scan.  12am came and they brought in 2 16 oz bottles and told me that I had to drink them in order to have a CT scan.  My pouch is 3-4 oz in size. This seemed impossible but they didn't care.  It took me an hour to get 1 bottle down. Hello 1 am. And I got about a quarter of the 2nd bottle down and poured the rest down the drain. I could fill it all coming back up so Nate told the nurse I was ready to go and I was going to be sick. No problem she said they will be right over. 45 mins later my overeating headache started and I felt full and uncomfortable. I had enough. I wanted to go home. I pulled the cords and blood pressure cuffs off me and told the nurse to take out the IV. Put a fork in her because this girl was done! They didn't understand what they had done to me. I don't have normal inside. They made it worse and I had that headache for a better part of the day on Saturday.

What I did find out is that my gallbladder is fine. I don't believe it's an obstruction issue because that would happen after eating not hours after. I have my 6 month doctor's appointment next week and I will talk to Dr. H about it then.  I really think it was just painful gas. Last week I had a lot of pepper jack cheese and spicy almonds trying to get in as much protein as possible. Since Friday I haven't had any issues.  I'm hoping that this is my last trip to the ER.

Weight loss status: 180.2
I'm 20.2 away from my goal. My size 14 jeans are getting a bit loose. I can't even begin to fathom that I could be a girl that wears a size 12.

No comments: