Thursday, August 4, 2011

I think I'm in love

This morning was my first visit with Dr. Love, I mean Dr. Joe. He was wonderful!!!! He was so positive and upbeat. For the next 6 months I will go visit with him and record all of the items I listed below. The idea is to retrain your pancreas, brain, and stomach. He will work on my pancreas and brain. Surgery will obvious fix my stomach. (Warning: I'm awful at medical jargon and terms and will probably mess some of this stuff up) I'm going to be on a 1400 calorie diet for the next 6 months. I'm suppose to stay away from POTATOES, DESSERTS, RICE, PASTA, BREAD. (what about the 12 boxes of hamburger helper I just bought!) This will help retrain my pancreas to not crave evening snacks and junk. Walk a mile each day. Retrain the brain and stimulate my metabolism.

He asked me about going back on phentermine to help with the weight loss but I said no. 2 reasons. I don't want to lose too much weight during this next 6 months and not be eligible for surgery. The second reason is too personal to put even on a page that no one reads :)

My blood pressure was 140/90. Not too bad but the bottom number is not good. He switched my medicine to Benazepril-Hydrachlorothiazide. (Whatever that means!)

I left with such a better feeling than I had with my previous doctor. This guy gets it. His staff gets it. Day one of my journey begins!!!

Oh, and I felt great until I walked off the elevator and this woman looked down at my stomach. I know she was thinking, "Is she pregnant or isn't she?" Blah!

Current weight: 282.2

No comments: