Thursday, August 25, 2011

What's shakin'?

Besides the ground between VA & PA. I still can't believe there was a 5.8 magnitude earthquake in VA this past week. Hurricane Irene is out there brewing and now an earthquake? Sign from God, the start of the zombie Apocalypse???

What's also shakin' starting today is my breakfast and lunch. You might remember in this post I discussed the 1400 calorie diet Dr. Love said that I needed to be on for the next 6 months. I've struggled trying to accomplish that. I thought that the way I can reach my 1400 calorie rule is by having a shake in the morning and a shake for lunch. Nate purchased this Maxmuscle High 5 Protein Shake and didn't use all of it. I figured why not? I made 10 ounces this morning with 2% milk. (The gas station didn't have skim milk) and let me say it wasn't delicious. I guess I was expecting it to taste like a McDonald's milk shake but that was just my silly fat brain not being smart. I'm still going to suck up the not so yummy taste and stick with it for at least until I meet with my doctor again on Sept. 8. I need to lose something for my weight in.

Nate Dogg is on the Body by Vi shake challenge. We just signed him up this morning. He will drink a shake for breakfast and a shake for lunch and then a normal dinner and snacks. Our friend Tina has lost 16 pounds in 2 months. I want Nate to be on the road towards fitness because as soon as I have my surgery they weight loss will happen rapidly for me. I don't want to leave him behind. He mentioned using the elliptical last night. :) Makes me excited that he is ready to get on this train with me.

No comments: