Friday, August 5, 2011

Dressing the Excess

In my vivid imagination I imagine that after my surgery all my excess skin will just melt away and the skinny chic inside of me will be revealed. In my reality I know I will be left with excess skin in my belly, arms and legs. I know I also have a couple options with how to deal with this cruel reality. 1.) Fly to Mexico and have one of those fabulous cheap doctors get rid of all of it. Which my husband has already said, "Hell to the nah, " to. Even if I had it done here in the states, it is going to leave some very large and semi-visible scars. 2.) Deal with it. I can be thankful for losing the weight and use that as my reminder of what I could still be like. I can dress the excess to make me happy.

Remember in this post I mentioned a few of my goals. This is how I plan on dressing the excess while achieving those goals and rocking the new me. :)


#17 Wear knee high boots. I love the nautical feel of the strips and jacket in this outfit. I also like the stable/western look of the black boots.


#16 Go to the Beach. This bathing suit is perfect for me. I like a deep V to show off the girls. (Hmm. I wonder if they will still be around? Note to self: google Mexican boob job) Anyhow I also like that it will show off my new shape. I love the straps. It reminds me of a retro style suit from the 50's & 60's.

#12 "Fun"things with my husband. Did you think that was a PG goal? That goal is for all the things I've been to shy to do before. ;) ;) Completely Rated R!


Push up corset for my girl that will probably leave me. Coverage for the belly area.



More coverage for the belly but still very sexy.


#9 Wear shorts. I haven't worn shorts since before Ethan was born. I live in FL! I've worn capris and knee length shorts but I haven't worn girly shorts in 11 years! I can't wait!

I love this outfit. It achieves my shorts goal but also will help cover up my upper arms. I could wear cap sleeves or slightly longer.
This outfit screams FL vacation to me! Light blue is probably one of my favorite colors and I love how light and airy it feels for these warm 99 degree days. Also again this light cardigan can cover my upper arms.

I know these aren't shorts but I think I could pull this off during the fall before it gets too cool. Again because of my job I love the nautical feel of this.

#7 Shop at the Gap, Banana Republic, Express

Right now I shop at Lane Bryant 90% of the time. It's the only store I've shopped at basically in 11 years. My husband loves to shop but I hate it because the store he can fit into I can't. It's torture. Most days I think I dress like a slob. This isn't me. This poorly dressed person. I can't wait to dress for who I really am.


I don't know about the pink heels but I love this outfit for work.


Another favorite! See the arm cover up?







I could see me wearing this outfit on a marketing trip or seminar.



#14 Wear a skirt to work. Last time I did that was....2003. When I moved to FL I was a size 14/16. I bought a skirt and wore it to work a few dozen times. I felt great when I wore it. Before that was probably 2000. I'm not a huge skirt person but I would love the option to feel more like a girl and not one wearing a parachute of garbage bag.



I love this outfit because it's not Britney Spear's short but also covers the upper arms.

thanks to Pinterest I have 56 pieces of my vivid imagination pinned. All images are from my board.

No comments: