Thursday, July 28, 2011

My choice

I'm fat. Well actually I'm not just fat, I'm morbidly obese. How disgusting is that? I've made a choice. In May I'm going to elect to have Gastric Bypass Surgery. I understand that I'm choosing to have surgery to fix something that I might be able to fix by shutting my pie hole and getting on a treadmill but the truth is I've tried. I've struggled and I'm gaining more weight. The truth is I'm killing myself. The longer I am fat, no morbidly obese, the more years I'm taking off of my life. The more time I'm letting slip through my fingers with my husband and my beautiful children. I'm ready for a new life for me and my family.

The journey won't be easy. Don't be fooled to think that I'm taking the easy way out. The insurance carrier requires that I participate in a minimum of six months weight-management program that documents that following components:
Vital Signs
Dietary Program
Physical Activity
Behavior intervention to reinforce healthy eating & exercise habits

I must also have a psychological evaluation. Wonder if I will pass that? :)

The out of pocket expense is going to be around $6,000. That price alone has been a struggle with me. $6,000 on myself? I could spend that money on my kids or husband. But I keep reminding myself that this isn't just for me, it's for all of us.

For the next 9 months I'm going to document my journey though this blog. After the surgery I'm going to document my choice. I know that the road ahead of me is going to be filled with ups and downs. That I will face challenge. With the support of my husband I know that I will reach my goal. To live my life.

Current Stats: Weight-283.3 BMI:41.8

No comments: