Monday, January 14, 2013

Weight update

Did I tell you I gained weight? On 12/31 my official weigh in was 170. Last Monday before vacation I weighed in at 170.4. That is my first official weigh in with no loss and weight gain since my surgery date. How did I feel abut it?  A OKAY! It's .4 of a pound. I've recently started to round out my diet adding carbs back into it. I'm 10 pounds away from my goal weight and I don't want to lose more weight after 160 and the way to do that is to enrich your diet. I was expecting some sort of weight gain.

The plan did not include my Vegas diet but I was on vacation and enjoying some food treats. What did I eat? Here's the breakdown.

Monday Lunch: 1 serving of Orange Chicken from Panda Express no rice
1 slice of the works pizza at the airport
and a half of a beef hot dog (no bun) and 10 cheese fries at the Stratosphere

Tuesday: Scrambled egg breakfast
1/2 of a turkey panini
1/2 of a ham, cheese croisant (no top bread)

Wednesday:
I can't remember lunch
Sushi no rice. cucumber wrapped and sashimi

Thursday:
Over easy eggs, potatoes, grilled vegs
Some of Nate's left over chirzzo
Cobb salad with ranch

Friday:
egg white veg omelet with potatoes
Chicken nachos shared with Nate
Sushi with rice this time. 6 pieces and brussel sprouts
1 slice of pizza around 2 am!

Saturday:
Cheese and crackers tray
Hamburger no bun, about 10 french fries
1 slice of pizza with ham and pepperoni

I brought a can of almonds with me and a bag of beef jerky. I used that as snacks throughout the day and brought some additional jerky at the hotel. I guess overall it wasn't an awful list. More pizza than I have most weeks.  I also didn't run while in Vegas but we walked so much. I didn't think the balls of my feet could handle running. I was expecting my Monday weigh in to be ugly. When I weighed in this morning I was pleasantly surprised 168.4 Down 2 pounds. I'm a bit shocked. I was expecting a couple pounds of weight gain. I wonder if it's because my calorie count was higher and my body liked that. Oh, I also want to add that I did drink a protein shake every morning while in Vegas. I knew that I wouldn't have choices of high in protein food all the time so I wanted to make sure to at least have 35 grams of protein to start my day off.

Stay tuned for some Vegas related post in the next couple!

No comments: