Wednesday, May 18, 2016

One Lucky Girl

One month ago I was going crazy. Worried about my house. My kids. Our routine. Would this man be able to keep it up. Would I come home to a big ole mess? It made me mad, upset, cry, and on. I was gone for 2 whole weeks. Limited contact and a daily countdown courtesy of my husband.

So, how did he do? Amazing! I came home to a clean picked up house. Kids homework done. Tutoring session attended. Dinner made every single night except for one. Laundry done.  I was very impressed!

He impressed me and that's a difficult task. I am so proud of him. :)

The 2 weeks were good for us. We both cried when we finally saw each other. I missed him. I missed our kids but I really missed him. I think we needed that. We needed to miss one another. The happiness and relieve I felt when I was finally in his arms again were true emotion. I function fine without him. I'm use to traveling and being without him. I'm also use to being independent. (Except for dog shit and trash cans) I don't have a dependent need on him but I do like him. The experiences I had those two weeks I know I would have enjoyed even more if he was there with me. What can I say...he's a good time. And we have a good time..better time when we are together.

To thank him, I've gone out of my way to make the last week about him while battling walking pneumonia. Going out to celebrate his birthday, playoff celebrations, birthday parties, farmers market, car show, TPC, and whatever else I can do to thank him and show him how much I appreciate him. I even agreed to Penguin playoff tickets!  Talk about one happy husband.

No comments: