Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving Day Wrap Up

I just came home from 5 hours of Black Friday shopping! NOT! But I did complete 40% of my shopping from my warm bed and laptop.  So even though I'm not a get outta bed Black Friday shopping I do enjoy the deals. 

Yesterday was a wonderful day.  Of course every Thanksgiving ends up being wonderful.  It's easy when your a member of a great family. 

Nate, Lorelei, and I started it off with a morning run.  I started off great. I ran for .85 miles without stopping. I couldn't believe it. I was very proud of myself. Shit that's almost a mile without stopping. Nate was in front of me and I could see him keep looking back. Scared I was going to catch up with him.  He's so cute.  After my first long run I couldn't ever get that going again.  I walked most of the 2nd mile.  Not my normal slow walk but that crazy speed walker kinda thing. Then the 3rd mile I ran from landmark to landmark at a much faster pace. From mailbox to mailbox. I finished under my last race at 43.00  So I did meet my goal of beating my last race but I still didn't feel like a super star because I haven't been training as hard. 


 
Nate did awesome too.  He beat his last race and finished before me. He tweaked his knee at the very end and has been in some pain. I hope that it's just a temporary thing because he's been doing so well.  He also did well for dinner. It's one day and as long as he is back on track today one day isn't going to de-rail him. It's all the days in between the holidays people need to worry about.
 
Dinner was just as I thought. I had a few pieces of turkey and then a scoop of everything I wanted. I then had cranberry sauce for dessert.  I had chickpeas during the movie and then when we came back I had 2 more pieces of turkey.  I'll admit as the food was spread in front of me it was very hard to not pick.  I picked on the turkey so I was putting protein in my body and not fat.
 
Today we deck the halls.  I love what my house looks like at Christmas. I love the entire busy month of December. Happy holidays!

No comments: