Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pre Thanksgiving Update

Where have I been?  Well, I'll just be honest and tell you what I haven't been doing. I haven't been running. Not every morning. I have lots of excuses but the main issue is I've lost my partner. Things aren't going so well for her this past month and she has lost the motivation to run.  The best part about having a partner is she held me accountable. I had to get up to meet her.  Now I've lost that.  I'm going to force myself to get back out there this weekend.  Tomorrow Nate & I are running a 5K.  We aren't driving to the one across town because it's $70 to sign up plus 40 minutes away but are doing it in our neighborhood.  8am start like the other race and we are going to burn some calories before we put that Thanksgiving food in our mouth.  I'm also signing up for a 5K on Dec 1st and Dec 8. The best part is we get a medal for the one on Dec 1st! My very first medal!!!

Eating:  I'm about the same. Trying to get my protein in. Not cheating.  Still eating a healthy diet.

Weigh loss: I'm currently 186.  26 pounds away from my goal weight.  Down 80.6 pounds since June.

Going back to my own running I can't use someone else lack of motivation as my own. I have to do this. I want to run and because I haven't been running every morning it was harder for me to run this weekend. If I want to run a 1/2 Marathon like I claim I need to stick it out.  I can't let things like the weather or time change or my partner keep me from doing this.  No more excuses BRE!  I need motivation people! I need support. Get me back off the couch and out of bed!

Thanksgiving: The biggest eating holiday of the year. Am I worried? No. I'm not really effective by food anymore. A rep brought in some brownies the other day and I passed them around to everyone. I didn't want any.  The kids trick or treating candy hasn't tempted me one bit. Lorelei's potty training chocolates haven't been a problem. I'm not worried about the holiday or gaining weight during this time.  I'll eat mostly turkey and then maybe a spoonful of everything else.

My husband?  A fucking rockstar?  Doesn't miss a day on the elipitical. Lost 19.4 pounds and looking and feeling great! I'm so proud of him.

Last night was a bariatrics meeting.  It's a group of 30 or more patients or soon to be patients. We discuss issues we are having and it's a really good forum. I don't talk much but I listen. Most of the questions I have come up eventually. I met this lady last night that is 3 1/2 years out and she still looks fantastic. I think the important thing is she still comes to the meetings. All the doctors say that the meetings are a key to our success.  The lady next to me was a soon to be patient and she asked me how much more I had to lose because I was a skinny ole thing. Me! A skinny ole thing??? Whens the last time someone said that to me? It made me feel good. 

I think it's time for another before and after?  It's been 2 months and almost 20 pounds.  I need a new black outfit though because even though my pants size has gone down to a 14 I'm still wearing size 22/24 underwear. Boy do they look funny! They go up over my belly buttons. Black Friday might be a good day to buy some underroos and save some money.  Stay tuned!

No comments: