Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Some 2014 updates

Since I haven't posted at all in 2015 I thought I would clear up some loose ends and some previous post.

The B Family drama- Hey it is what it is. Not all families can be perfect and in our big family with big personalities we will have conflict. What I love the most about our family and the issue that happened last summer is that Diane, Howie, Nate, and I addressed it. We squashed it within a week. The other thing I like about it is we still talk about it. We can bring it up and move forward. I've been a little sensitive to people backbiting lately and I think it stems from last summer. I will be the first to admit I'm the Queen of Gossip but I stand by the fact that what I say behind your back I will say to your face. I don't like the feeling that the backbiting I hear in my presence happens in my absence too but about me. 2 weeks ago at the Jaguar game I called a couple ladies out on it. Especially about the person they were talking about. Don't do it. It's not cool unless you are willing to have the same conversation face to face. Overall it all good. We've made a very conscious effort to be more present. To attend as many family/friends events as we can. I had a girls night at my house for my sister in laws and nieces and pampered them with a makeup artist just to tell them I loved them. Nate is participating more in golf and other events. Ethan spent a lot of time with Jackson this summer. Sometimes being present matters to other people when you think it doesn't.

Alcohol- Hey it is what it is. lol I'm a light weight that likes craft beer. It doesn't mix and it never will. I don't have a stop button when it's time to have a good time. This summer I did drink less. Not on purpose but it just happened. What I have learned to do when I know there is a full day of drinking ahead like the Country Superfest Concert or 4th of July at the Lake House is to drink crystal light with wine until the sun goes down. It keeps me hydrated and keeps me from getting drunk but makes me feel like I'm participating with everybody else. Once the sun goes down I can switch to liquor or beer if I feel the desire. It worked out perfectly! It avoided a drunk Sabrina but provided a fun time. I haven't been drinking as much craft beer either because of the calories packed in it which has helped. We also didn't go up to Snookers very much this summer because we've had a family packed summer. So the conclusion is I'm not an alcoholic but I am a lightweight without a stop button. To keep my dignity and standards in place I need moderation or a game plan. My stomach  and absorption isn't like everybody else's and I have to be mindful of that.

Money- So much better!!!! As many of you my husband took a position with another hospital in November which put us in a better position. I also left my job after 11 years and took a position with a company I'm very very happy with. Making those changes along with working hard this winter to pay off new house credit card debts helped out tremendously. We went from 6 credit cards to 2. And only 1 has a balance. It feels so freeing to have control of our money again. To be able to start putting money back into the house and continue to make it a home. I would like a cushioned savings account but we are working on this one step at a time.

Boobs and Belly- I hit my 1 year anniversary in May and I still love them! I'm still kinda of surprised that I haven't bought any deep neck V shirts and I find myself admiring women's breast at a concert thinking, "Man I love her boobs." Nate reminds me I have her boobs I just have to show them! lol I guess I've outgrown that or feel too self conscious to do it. I wore a V-neck t-shirt one night to Snookers and people freaked out! I guess I've been keeping these girls in hiding! I think there are two things holding me back. 1.) My son. I don't want him to be embarrassed about his mom's boobs.  This past spring when I walked into his classroom a boy said, "Man Ethan your mom is hot." I was wearing a crew neck shirt. (That means up to the neck Char!) Ethan was a embarrassed and the class laughed but he took it like a champ.  It's weird that I'm more worried about embarrassing him now than I was when I was fat. 2.) I don't want people to think I think I'm all that.  I think that if I dress normal and I get attention I don't look like an attention whore. If I wear a shirt that screams "LOOK AT MY BOOBS!" it makes me look like I'm over trying and an attention whore. Make sense? Ok, I need to buy just 1 v neck shirt and wear it at the appropriate time. Shit my husband didn't pay this money to not show them off. lol

Weight- I'm holding strong at 168-170. Scared to death because before I had my cosmetic surgery I was 150. What if I get fat again? I look back at the 150 pictures and I'll tell you I don't really like them. I think I look too thin especially around my neck. Those bones made me look ill. It still scares me to see the numbers even thought I'm still a size 8. The only thing I really want to do and need to stop talking about it is be more consistent with running and lifting weights again. I'm signing up for 3 half marathons this fall to help push me forward. I want to be a better runner. It has nothing to do with a weight issue as it does a personal goal and fitness issue. I have a big long story to share about the Tijuana Flats summer run that I will blog about next week. More to come.

I think that covers up most of 2014 unanswered blog topics. What's coming up for the rest of 2015? Pushing myself hard at work. I want success and need to work harder for it. Stop filling our calendar. We had a crazy, fun, and busy summer. My goal for the fall of 2015 is to stop planning stuff. So far I'm failing but I am trying. House stuff. We didn't do anything #houseonthecreek wise this past winter & spring and I'm looking forward to getting some last minute projects going. Blog post to come on that! Fitness of course. Communication- create a time for communicating with my 3 parents on a regular basis.

Ahhhh....it feels so good to be back and clean out what's Inside Bre's Head!

No comments: