Saturday, March 7, 2009

This & That

We have been quite busy the last few months with little projects here and there. I thought I would share them with you most are thrift store or yard sale finds. I am not happy with my "tablescapes" so I have just put things down for now until I get all the pieces I want. My goal is to lighting the accessories up a bit. I love the black furniture but I want white accessories to pop out on them. Still lots and lots of work to do. And if you couldn't tell I'm too ADD to focus on one room. Disclaimer: Pictures taken at night, poor lighting, and the room isn't dusted


I bought these candle sticks the same time I bought the ones on top of the kitchen cabinets. Yaritza & I found them at the Jacksonville Humane Society Thrift Store. The price was $2-3 a piece. They had a ton of candle sticks that were a dark brown prior to spray painting. The candle is not staying. I want white candles just need to go buy some. I was thinking about spray painting the candle stick white instead. What do you think?



The glass bell I bought at the Humane Society Thrift store $4 and spray painted the brown base black. The ceramic dish I picked up at one of trips to the VA Thrift Store. It was under 5. What should I put into the bell? I was thinking about artichokes or some pretty pears?

The print I purchased for $1 from the JHS Thrist Store. I scored the day I got the candle sticks. :) It went perfect with the ones I had already purchased from allposters.com for the dining room but almost 99% less! The frame I purchased from Michael's during a 50% sale. I think it was $8. I have read that some ladies paint the mats so I want to try it with this one. It is currently a cream but I want it white.


$2 for these ceramic candle sticks! Courtesy from the man on the side of the street. I didn't have to do a thing with them but they do need candles.

The picture ledge was a gift yrs ago from my previous in-laws. I never used it and it was a cherry wood color. Spray painted it black :) The frames I had around the house and the abacus belonged to Nate's dad. See the picture of the baby? That is Nate's mom holding him as a child :) One of my favorite pictures. The iron thingy I purchased from Joann's for 70% off, it was $4 something. Previously a rustic iron color..spray painted it black

The square short vase I purchased for $2 at the Goodwill Thrift Store. It is a gorgeous store with great furniture pieces but it is expensive. Oh I also scored some fake lemons for a .10 a piece because the manager was tired of picking them up that day.

This is the shelf we purchased before Xmas off of Craigslist. I love it. The storage is great for decorating items I'm not currently using. I'm not satisfied with the items on the shelf though. The family & inspire sign I got for xmas. They were original black and you couldn't see them. Hubby spray painted them off white for me. The oval short urn in the middle I purchased from the Micheal's clearance section and was a dark red color. It was only a few bucks and I spray painted it the same off white color. I really really really want to lighten the shelf up. I found a few ideas in the current pottery barn magazine and Better Homes & Garden Magazine I picked up at Lowes this morning. I'll let you know how it turns out!

No comments: