Monday, March 28, 2016

Going on a cruise!!!

This past Christmas we purchased a 8 night cruise to the Southern Caribbean for our family. Paying for the trip was the easy part. Planning the trip for our family was the stressful part. I needed to plan basically 10 days of outfits, 8 nights, and all the in between for each one of us. I started as early as Christmas. Santa brought the kids and Nate new swim suits, flip flops, and some dresses. In February I went out and bought Lorelei 5 new dresses. She's the hardest to shop for so I wanted to get her dresses picked first and then plan the dinner outfits around her. I was able to score 5 previously owned dresses for under $4 a piece! Ethan needed all new clothes. With him hovering over 6' tall he grows out of his dress up clothes too quickly. By the first of March I had me and the kids figured out and waited on Nate to fill in his items. Dinner outfits done!

Daytime outfits. When on a cruise and especially with kids you need lots of clothes. Again because I have a growing teenager I needed new shorts for him and flip flops. Lorelei needed just a couple items and she was set! Nate and I had plenty of clothes so we were good to go.

During my shopping trips and time on Pinterest I started creating a packing list.

8 Dinner Outfits        3 Bathing Suits          Coverups           8 Shorts        Sleepy stuff
8 Shirts                      Makeup       Hats             Flip flops          9 Underwears       Overdoor Shoe rack
Bras including strapless and sports       Workout clothes with tennis shoes        Shoes     Tuxes
Socks         PJs         Light Jacket        Belts       Deodarant         Soap        Shampoo/Conditioner
Toothpaste      4 Toothbrushes         Hairbrush         Hair stuff-Dad        Razors       Shaving Cream
Book           Power Strip         Sunglasses        Body Spray       Vitamins           Cologne        Jewlery
Glasses/Contacts         Downey Wrinkle Release        4 Packs of Soda      Q tips
Camera w/ chargers      Snorkel Sets    Life vest       4 Lanyards        Beach Bag       Sunscreens
Zip lock bags                First aid stuff           Water Bottle Holder        Tape       Door Décor
Playing cards         Crystal Light Mix         Coffee Creamer          Post It Notes        Highlighters
Beer   2 bottles of wine  SD card

A week prior to the cruise I pulled out the suitcases and slowly started putting items on the table. Once they were on the table and checked off the list nobody was allowed to remove them.  I sat down with each kid and helped them back outfits according to their checklist and created any "Need Items" for the 3 of us. (Nate does all his own packing)

The cruise left on Saturday but we were leaving for Boca Raton on Friday. I had to pack daytime clothes for Friday, pjs, bathing suits, and carry on luggage for Saturday morning.

I then organized dinner by the ships Itinerary and our daytime excursions on the islands which outfits we would be wearing at night. For example; in the DR we had a long trip planned. I knew Ethan and Lorelei would be tied and grumpy before dinner so I kept dinner outfits simple. Polos and shorts for the guys and sun dresses for the girls. However after Grand Turk we could dress up more since we arrived back on the boat by 1pm. I packed that list with me so I remember and set out clothes each evening for the family.

Planning for anything we do I always get stressed out. I had to work until 11am Friday and Nate & the kids sat on their butts instead of finishing up the last minute house items or packing the cars. When we finally set off around 1:30pm I was barely speaking to any of them.

But off we went!!!!

No comments: