Monday, March 28, 2016

Day 2: Sea Day & a birthday party

woke up around 6am feeling closed in. I think the 6 pieces of luggage were suffocating me. I turned on the bathroom light and quietly started unpacking my family. I was quiet and made sure not to wake them. The shoe rack idea was perfection! It helped clear up counter space and keep things organized. The kids & Dad woke up around 9:30 and were hungry. 

On the Sea Days Carnival offers Brunch from 9pm to 1pm in the dining room. It's a special mix of the best of breakfast and lunch. It also serves my favorite breakfast heuvas rancheros. We ran into John on the way out and he joined us for breakfast. On the plan today was the pool and slide in the morning and then build a bear & the Dr Seuss parade in the afternoon. Followed by pictures in the evening. Ethan was pretty quiet up on the Lido deck but Lorelei hopped in and out of the pool, hot tub, & slides with Nicky. The boys walked by and stole Ethan and we decided it was Taco time! The ship not only has the Guy Burger but a taco bar. It was instantly my favorite food on the ship. 1 carnitas and 1 chicken for me & Lu. 

It was finally time for the Build a Bear workshop that Lorelei had saved her money scrubbing toilets for. She got to pick out the bear and an outfit out of a wide selection of animals and customers. She picked a girly bear with a skirt and shirt combo. We then had to stuff the bear by hand and place an angel (soul) & star inside the bear. It was a very nice family activity we did together. She named her bear Bella & couldn't wait to introduce her to Pumpkin! 


We then headed to the Degas Lounge for the Dr Seuss Parade. They gave us streamers, signs, and cowbells. A parade of parents, children, & Thing 1 & 2 marched the length of the ship chanting "Dr Seuss is on the loose!" All the way to the theater. 


From there we watched a Cat in the Hat production. The kids were welcome to sit on the stage. Well in true Lorelei fashion an adult backed into her causing her to fall head first into the floor. Thankfully she recovered quickly and didn't break, bruise, or cut herself. 

4pm showers. Showers in a small room actually worked out well. I had Ethan and Lorelei go first. Then me so I could work on my makeup and then Nate. When the kids got ready they went out in the hall to chill with their friends. Tonight was formal night and the first night of the tuxes. Oh boy dos the boys look handsome. Nate & I had to help them with cuff links & buttons. Nate had to do Ethan's hair. Over 6'. Too cool for his parents but he still needs momma & dad for somethings. 


I'm not going to lie the tux got to me. He looked so handsome and even in 3 inch heels he was taller than me. I tried to hold back my tears. 

We all ate lobster except for Lu. She had grilled chicken. As we were leaving dinner Dennise reminded us it was her birthday and she was having a party in the Piano Bar at 8:15pm. I was unsure. We changed into our evening wear and went to check it out. I hesitated and told Nate that I wasn't that mom that had her kid in a bar. (Yes, kid. 1 kid. Ethan changed and left to go clubbing with the teenagers.) Marie of course found us sitting and convinced me there were other kids in there and it was family friendly. I went in and there were other kids. The piano player was playing old songs and encourage singing with him. We all loved it!!!!


We all sang our hearts out! Camp Ocean started a night party at 10pm and Lorelei wanted to go. We dropped her off and headed to the club for the rest of the night. I had the most fun with my husband that night. We were dancing and all having a great time. I loved every moment of his smiles across the room to me. It was just a perfect evening. Yes, Nate danced. Even Kim did! So much fun. We grabbed Lu at 1am and met Ethan for our midnight pizza before crawling into bed. 

Sweet dream until Grand Turk!



No comments: