Monday, March 28, 2016

Day 3: Grand Turk & Blurry Pics

I woke up at 5am and couldn't fall back asleep. I finally crawled out of bed and hit the track. I walked until 7am and watched the sunrise. I still wasn't relaxed though and it was driving me bananas. I was still in Momma mode thinking about what I needed to do when I got back to the room. Take out the kids clothes, pack the pool bag, order food, pack food, ect. I kept trying to take deep breaths and just enjoy the moment but instead Infound myself checking my watch and making sure I wasn't late.


I got back to the room. Picked up the kids dirty clothes. Organized the counters, payed out clothes, packed the snorkels, towels, and ordered room service. 7 turkey sandwiches. I had a plan! We were only in Grand Turk from am-1pm. The only thing to do there is The gigantic pool from Margartiville and private beach for snorkeling. The food there is outrageous. $29 for a plate of nachos. If you remember from my list I brought zip lock bags from home. Room service is free & yummy. It comes with a full size sandwhich, chips, & a pickle. While the kids showered I bagged up the sandwhiches and put all chips & pickles in seperate gallon size bags. Lunch was served!

We hit up breakfast on the boat and then headed to the beach around 10. 


Lorelei hit the beach first to try out snorkeling. 


Ethan and the rest of the crew found some lounge chairs and hung out in the pool. 


The water was a tad bit cold for my liking but the kids didn't mind. All the kids and adults loves being in the water. The sun was hot so I made sure to keep reapplying sun screen to my crew. After a couple hours the kids got hungry and people started ordering food and drinks. $29 nachos and $21 frozen drinks! Screw you Jimmy Buffet! I pulled out our picnic and rewarded myself w a frozen drink. My husband was happy and our kids were happy (they love room service food) and the family was jealous of my bright idea! 

Ethan asked if he and Fisher could leave and hit some stores. I answered before Nate could. Grand Turk is a small village. The stores make a small square around the port entrance and doesn't have aggressive locals. Somehow even in all my planning and overall craziness I have become more laid back than Nate. I understand that Ethan requires a longer leash. 

We all enjoyed an hour more in the pool and Lorelei asked if she could do some shopping. While in the pool Ethan found his souvenir...a grass skirt. Unfortunately for him it didn't fit him. Fortunately for him it fit Fisher. Ethan found a local coconut and some string and designed a coconut top for his buddy. 


We were back on the boat with plenty of time to spare and bid farewell to Grand Turk by enjoying a BLT while watching the Farewell party on Fun TV. 

The night got blurry.

Dinner: 

After dinner Ethan took off to change and hit up the club. The adult club turned into a teen club from 8:30-9:30 nightly. They then played dodge ball on the 12 floor basketball court, played man hunt (teen version of hide seek) and did whatever it was they did until pizza time. 



Lorelei decided not to go to camp that night and there was a Gator game playing in the sports bar so we went to hang out with the family and watch the game. (Again kid friendly sports bar that included video games available for kids) Lorelei took over the camera and took pictures all night. She was "charging" people $1 for blurry pics and $5 for in focus pics. She would swipe their S&S cards and snap away.





No comments: