Thursday, September 11, 2014

I went inside

After my last post I left my computer and went to an AA meeting. I spoke to my husband on the way there about the things I had been feeling and thinking and told him I just wanted to go inside and see what it was about. I had to introduce myself but I didn't say Alcoholic because I don't think that is the right label. I didn't take a chip because I don't know if that is the right step for me. I enjoyed the meeting and the lady speaking was someone I actually knew and assumed all the wrong things about her. The meeting was about humility and it was a great topic to listen to. I left there feeling like I wasn't an Alcoholic but that I was going to stop drinking for 30 days. Not a single ounce. IF that proves to be a problem then obviously I need to take a step back and rethink things.

Just like with Al Anon AA is an amazing thing. For $2 a meeting you get an awesome counseling session.  I think I will attended a couple more. What harm will it do? None but it could enlighten me greatly.

The best part is after pointing out things to Nate about what I considered our bad choices during the past 9 months I could tell it really hit home with him too and he is on board. He didn't argue with me and told me when I said it all together it sounded pretty bad.  We need to make better choices for our family.  I use to be the girl that had 2 or 3 beers but maintained my dignity and grace...now I'm drunk Sabrina. I want to go back to that girl.

My challenges around..a club social tomorrow night, football games, and various dinners. No cheating.

Thirty days starting Sept 9. Ready Set Go!

No comments: