Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spring Break and Easter Update

We are finally coming off our Spring Break and Easter high. We had some ups and downs this past week but they were mostly highs. I got to spend time with my best friend and also deepen a friendships with a set of neighbors and tested friendships with others. We spent most of our spring break with Jamie and her son and our neighbor's the Greens. The week was filled with pool time, Legoland, Adventure Landing, an almost trip to the zoo, an adventure downtown via the skytram, a Sabrina free trip down to St. Augustine, wine, beer, good food, and most importantly good times!

I loved having my best friend here and I wish that she lived so much closer. I felt awful for her because her second day here she got a really bad sun burn and she spent most of the week miserable. She was a good sport though and shuffled her way through all the activities. It was kind of hard on me watching her eat knowing that she had the same surgery as me. She's is great with her portion controls and eats much slower than me. I had to keep reminding myself to slow down and watching her eat helped me do that. She eats sweets though and that was hard to watch. I know that my body could probably handle a small amount of sweets like hers but she has told me not even to try it. Once you know your limit you will eat it and I don't want to do that.

My eating throughout the week was okay. I ate a lot of turkey, cheese, some snacks but nothing crazy. I'm out of my protein shake and I need to go get it. I know that I'm not getting enough protein without it. I HAVE to get out there this week before it starts to mess with my hair again.

Watching what you eat at an amusement park? Possible! I googled some reviews on Legoland before we went and I found a restaurant in the park that served a 1/2 rotisserie chicken with roasted veggies and potatoes for 9.99. The review said it was enough for an adult and child to split. It tasted great and a $5.00 meal for each of us and was enough food for 4. We ordered 2 for lunch and Ethan and I split one and Lorelei and Nate split one. Win. Win. Win! We ate breakfast before we left the house and I brought snacks in our bag to nibble on during the day.

When wine does not sit well. Friday night we had the Green's over for a BBQ and I had only eaten 4 chicken nuggets that day. We started drinking wine and 3 bottles later I was dry heffing my brains out and it happened so quickly. One moment I felt fine and the next I was sick and drunk like a dog. (like a dog?) They yelled good night outside of the bathroom door and I crawled into bed. The next morning I woke up with a headache from hell and super thirsty.


Easter was a gorgeous day filled with family and friends. We went to GA in the morning and stopped at Hardees for breakfast. I split a pork chop gravy biscuit with Nate. It tasted great but sat funny in my stomach. I'm glad I only ate half of it. In GA I ate less than half of  hamburger loaded with cheese and veggies and a spoonful of coleslaw, bbq beans, and potato salad. I skipped dessert. On the way home though I had to hold the leftover raspberry filling lemon cake for 1 1/2 in my lap. I took 2 pinches of it and it tasted amazing! Like a jelly filled donut. When I got home I tossed the entire cake in the garbage can. I didn't want the temptation left int he house. Later that night the Green joined us for a sit down Easter dinner. The food was typically Easter dinner food split between the 2 families. It was a fun time and a perfect ending to a long week.

The weather is starting to warm up here and I can't wait to start spending some time in the sun with our friends.  I'm also looking forward to shopping! I have to control myself though. We are trying to save about $9,000 between now and the end of the summer and this new found love of clothing I have is getting in the way.

Current weight: 155.6

No comments: