Thursday, September 3, 2015

Ross & Marshall find


While waiting on the painters I've been able to sneak to Ross & Marshalls for quick 45 minute trips. I feel trapped in the house so it's been nice. I thought I would share some of my goodies with you. 

First up at Ross were these 2 great 8x10 frames. I loved the distressed cream color and drooled over the burlap mat. I immediately remembered Ethan had a couple pictures taped to his mirror and thought these would be perfect. This is one of my favorite pics of Ethan & Nate when the Hack won the cup and we all got to go on the ice for a celebration. Nate scored the winning goal and it was a rare game his mom attended. It was a very special night. After the team pic the guys talked Ethan into sitting in the cup and posing for a pic. 

When I looked at putting both frames in his room I didn't like how matchy it felt. So my picture is still taped to the mirror. Hey I want a 8x10 anyhow! I am his Momma!

The second frame I've decided to use in my office. A couple months back I snagged this other frame from Marshalls and put our family picture in it. This is probably my all-time favorite family pictures so I really want it in a large canvas not in a small 5 x 7. I was thinking about printing two of my favorite nautical pictures and putting them in this these two frames instead of family pictures and hanging in my office. I love the different Materials them both these frames and I think they would look great next to each other on the wall.

Animal coat hooks I bought for Ethan's room. He already has his ROTC jackets hanging on the ram. He loved them!


For Lorelei's room from Ross I picked up this rug, big blue & white pillow and that pretty pink frame. She help me clean out the hall dresser this weekend and saw a couple pictures that she wanted in her room and I thought this frame was perfect. It's super girly. I had the 2 small blue pillow from her mermaid party and the pink pillow case from her pancake party. I love being able to repurpose items I have stuffed in closets.  I wanted to create a reading section for her now that she's in kindergarten and starting to learn words. I thought if I created a fun cozy environment it would encourage her to start looking at books on her own. I want to add white lights to her closet ceiling to create a pretty twinkle as she reads. I found her & Ethan reading in the spot last night. So it's working!  :) on the wall I want to add some of her artwork and white frames. 

Today at Marshall's I found this little "you are my sunshine" artwork for five dollars in the clearance section. My plan over Lorelei's bed was to create a fun gallery wall and I thought this would work well with some new canvases I got in last week. 


I also scored a Christmas present for my niece. $3.99 and its a heavy ceramic egg crate to hold earrings. Cow creamer and sugar holder for my Stepmom's birthday gift. Under $10 for both and a $1.50 gift bag. 2 shells for work which I can wear with my pencil skirts or slacks. For my master bathroom a toilet paper holder for next to the potty. Much better than the bag of tp.

I could've bought so much more but I had to hold myself back after all the paining expenses. I want to go back and snap some pictures of some Christmas gift ideas for my dear husband!




No comments: