Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Peace with Serenity Follow up?

So, what happened last week and why was my Face Book shut down for 48 hours. I typed up a big long story but the bottom line. There was displeasure, there was hurt, there were words exchanged, there were tears shed on all parts, there was a steak dinner followed by apologies and understanding. It's the reason why I love this family. Before last week I held this family up to an unrealistic standard. They are my save place. The family that most families should try to model in my opinion but the truth is that no family is perfect and we all make mistakes.What I learned last week is that from our disagreements we can become a stronger more united family. And I can tell you that even though the argument was between Diane and I last week it did finish with us coming together. I have a deeper respect for her now and knew that we would hash out any bad vibes that were happening between us this summer. Funny thing is the things that were hurting our feelings was that we both felt like the other had other girls and we felt left out by each other. We love each other. We are very similar and want to hang out with each other. How can we hold that against each other. What I love about her is she can call a spade a spade and if she's wrong she will let me say she's wrong. What I love about her is she can do the same with me.We are the no bullshit ones in this family. I respect that.

No comments: