Friday, February 7, 2014

A family of 4?

This morning while getting ready for work Debra mentioned me having another baby and Nate replied, "No, she's having a tummy tuck. We won't have anymore children."  I guess I had forgotten that.  This surgery makes it final. That I wouldn't go through this just to gain weight again and stretch out my stomach. I asked Nate if he was okay with that and he said yes. Then he said I don't know and then he said yes. We both have had the urge to have another child at one point or another. Especially when I see how quickly my daughter is growing up. Or that the car I just paid off today will be Ethan's in 3 years. But then the majority of the time I feel like our family is complete. The 4 of us. We are able to provide a good life for our children and ourselves and why push that.  We were also blessed with 2 healthy children so why risk that? Then sometimes I think about the baby that could have been but wasn't. He or she would be running around with Lorelei right now. The best of buddies. I wonder if Nate wonders about that too. If he's urge to have another child is stronger than he's letting on. And again I start to wonder if I'm being selfish. He can't have another child without me and if my choice is no and his is I don't know then should I wait until he is on the exact same page as me?  Will he resent me for going through with this and not having another child.  I know that I need to sit down with him and talk about it. I don't want to move forward until I know that my husband sees our future as I do.

No comments: